Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Taco Introduction


Growing up, my father liked tacos. But he was very specific in the type that he liked-crunchy, with lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream and red salsa, generally on ground beef, but occasionally with shredded beef. I remember my mom making taco shells and preparing ground beef (with little pieces of potatoes, I think), and that's how tacos were done.

When I moved to Oxnard, I acquired a taste for soft tacos. Simple and easy to eat, it seemed to be the essence of street food. Two small tortillas, meat, onions, cilantro and a touch of salsa, when done right an explosion of flavor that is perfectly washed down with a Mexican Coke (when out on the street) or a beer (in an indoor setting).

Here are a few of the places that I've found and enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment