Monday, July 2, 2012

Los Comales, Saticoy


Los Comales Mexican Food-June, 2012


I ordered four tacos at the cost of  a $1.25 each. It was an early Saturday afternoon, and there were a few people eating there, locals mostly. The staff was prepping, it seemed, possibly for a busier Saturday evening.

The order came with chips, which they happily refilled for my kids and I while we were waiting. We had Mexican sodas, but they do serve beer in the bottle.

My tacos, with onion and cilantro, arrived reasonably quickly, two asada, one lengua and one barbacoa. The asada was fine, the lengua, too, but the barbacoa was the high point of the tacos, with really good flavor.

The staff was friendly, with one pretty waitress striking a conversation about the fluctuating power, which went out for a few minutes while we were eating. “It’s an old city, and when it’s hot we lose power,” she said. One of my kids also ordered some rice, which was okay.

On the whole, not a bad stop. Not worth a special trip, but I wouldn’t avoid it either. They also offered burritos, mariscos and breakfasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment