Thursday, May 29, 2014

Copperfields, Pt. 2

Copperfield's Gifts and Rarities
242 E. Main Street 
Ventura, CA 93001

I've written about Copperfield's Gifts and Rarities before (7/16/13), and I just wanted to add a quick note. I bought a vintage watch there, which I was really excited about. It was a swiss-made Dynasty brand, dating from most likely the 60's. It cost $69, and I immediately put it on as I walked out of the store.

It kept time for the remainder of the afternoon, but by evening, it had fallen 10 minutes behind. As the evening wore on, the watch, apparently was making time slow down, and then, finally, stop.

But time didn't really stop, and so I took it back to Copperfiel's.

The girl at the counter was the same one who had sold me the watch the day before. I explained the problem, and she happily took the watch back, and returned my money.

I know when you buy used articles, it's generally, "Buyer beware," and with a small shop, I was expecting to be given store credit. So that Copperfield's gave me my money back was a pleasant surprise, and I feel a great deal better about buying things there.

No comments:

Post a Comment