Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Harbor Cove Cafe

Harbor Cove Cafe
1867 Spinnaker Drive
Ventura CA 93001

View from the water

Sometimes you need a place to sit.

The Harbor Cove Cafe is only open from 7:30 AM until 2:30 PM. The food looked okay, and didn't seem too expensive, but I didn't try any. It's located between Island Packers and the Channel Islands National Park Visitors Center, not that I get that way more than a couple of times a year.

The coffee isn't very good, being the typical, cheap Farmer's Brothers stuff that you see at low end restaurants everywhere. It is, however, only a buck.

The reason to go is the outside patio. 

It's covered, with reasonably comfortable chairs, and looks out over the harbor.

My View
After dropping my kids at Junior Guards, and running around the harbor, I wanted to sit for a few minutes and read. I brought my own coffee cup, paid my dollar, and pulled up a chair outside. I watched the boats as they floated, tied to their berths, plopped my book on a table, and started to read.
No one rushed me, no one was overly concerned. I drank a barely drinkable coffee, and just relaxed.
The food that I did see come out looked okay, and I was vaguely interested in a breakfast burrito. I'm also curious about their Angus burgers.

But really, if I go back, it most likely be to sit and drink coffee, and read a book, thankful that I live in Ventura, where I can do those things while looking over the harbor.


The Menu. Note the convenient burrito size models


No comments:

Post a Comment