Tuesday, September 30, 2014

ConFusion Sushi Roll Tacos Truck

ConFusion
Sushi Roll Tacos
Food Truck

A recent Friday had me driving by the Pacific View Mall, inadvertently passing by on the third Friday of the month-Food Truck Friday! I was hungry, and knew there'd be no dinner at home, so it was the perfect chance to get a bite to eat.

All summer long, I'd been passing by the ConFusion food truck, and there it was. Usually, I see it parked on Main Street across from the mall, but every time I passed, I was either going someplace or simply wasn't hungry. So, though many interesting trucks were parked in the lot, ConFusion was the one that I most wanted to try.

The friendly counterman greeted me, and I figured I'd start at the top-the $9 Taco Combo. A quick look at the fillings list led me to pick the bulgogi cheese steak with onions and peppers (Korean style marinade) and the more adventurous candied bacon with napa pineapple slaw and citrus chipotle sauce. The plate came with corn, beans, and surprisingly, a 24 oz. drink.

It took a few minutes longer than I expected, especially since there was no crowd at the time, and was warm but not hot. It wasn't a whole heck of a lot of food, either. Still, it wasn't bad. And sure, if I had continued further on to the Avenues I could have had four tacos and a Mexican Coke for the same price, but it was nice to mix it up.

I didn't find the bulgogi to be all that amazing. It had different  flavor than regular asada, but not necessarily better. The candied bacon, though, had a sweet/spicy mix of flavor that wasn't bad, and something that I'd order again. I think the flavors might have been more pronounced if the food was warmer, though. 

The corn and beans were okay, too, and would also have benefitted by being warmer.

In the end, if I saw this truck again, I'd give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment