Sunday, October 14, 2012

Taco de Mexico de Ventura

Tacos de Mexico de Ventura
Taco Truck
Oxnard
October 12, 2012

I love a good taco truck! I look for the ones that are clean and well lit, where I can easily look inside the windows and see everyone working.

Tacos de Mexico de Ventura is generally parked on the corner of Gonzales and Ventura Rd. in the evenings, tucked behind the gas station in Oxnard. I've been stopping in for about a year, shortly after I noticed the truck there. Back then, there was always a yellow Hummer nearby with an old man sitting inside, and people said that it was the owner, watching his business, adding to the mystique of the suddenly appearing truck. Tacos with a variety of meat, burritos, tortas, quesadillas and a couple of other things are on the menu. There's always a line, which is surprising in Oxnard, where there seems to be a place serving tacos on every corner.

Last Friday, I went with a burrito, with cabeza, rice and beans, for $5. It was a good, fat burrito which is exactly what I looking for. My son had asada tacos at $1.50 a pop. There was a generous serving of meat on the usual small corn tortillas. I've had the tacos before and thought they were good.

A worthy stop in the middle of Oxnard.

No comments:

Post a Comment