Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bogging Down on my Postings-Please Respond

Since I started this blog, I've noticed that the great majority of my posts get one or two views-thanks, Chris and Brad, who I think are my only consistent readers.

On New Year's Day, 2013, I posted that I would try to post once a week for the entire year, and since this will be my 51st post, and it's only October, I think I'll be able to make it.

I probably should have said "average one post a week," but since it is my standard, if I hit 52 I can stop. I won't, of course, because I have three ukulele repairs and a guitar bridge repair that I want to write about, along with my favorite Mexican food place, Cuernavaca, that I just haven't gotten around to.

I'm impressed by the people who can post continuously. My favorite blogger is probably Capt. Willard at Willard's Wormholes, who posts an eclectic variety of music, some that I have, some that I want and then download, and some that I'd never listen to. He even posted a version of Nilsson's "You're Breakin' My Heart," with sound effects (the way they used to play it on KMET back in the 70's), at my request. I also used to turn to WFMU's "Remember the Blog," too, because occasionally someone will write a rather in depth, Wikipedia calibre expose on some obscure topic which makes very interesting reading, but I haven't had the time lately to do that.

One of the features on Blogger is that you can hit the "Next Blog" button to go to some random blog. I do that once in a while to look at other people's blogs, and respond to any that have a post within the month. It's my part to encourage others.

I started this entry because I noticed that my sister-in-law has her own blog attached to her website which is attached to her interior design business. Her blog moves pretty good through 2012, and then dropped off last February. The last posting had to do with no privacy in the bathroom-not necessarily the topic that I'd end a blog on interior design with, but her business appears to be booming, so what do I know. I don't speak to her much-probably haven't spoken to her in about 18 months, and it would probably be weird to call and ask her why she left off there. But I have a competitive streak, and since I can't compete financially with my in-laws, I can still compete creatively. So I post away, for anyone who stumbles across.

Not to sound desperate, but if you read this, throw in a response. It keeps me going.

Actually, I like posting, so I'll keep doing it anyway-but if you find anything interesting, go ahead and reply.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog all the time and enjoy what you write about. it is something I look forward to each week. I hope that you keep it up. I know that I will continue to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya, I appreciate your kind words. Hopefully, I won't disappoint. Now, for another post!

      Delete