Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thai Chinese

Thai Chinese Food 3
"Cham's"
2337 N. Oxnard Blvd
Oxnard CA 93036

I don't know where Thai Chinese 1 and 2 are, or even if they exist. I do know that I've been going here since I first moved to Oxnard 17 years ago. And though I don't go so much anymore-it's a bit of a drive from Ventura-I do still seem to find my way to "Cham's" in a regular basis.

When I first went there, my dad was doing some work on the place I was living, and so he and I would go there. Cham the owner recognized us after a few visits, and even now he asks how my old man is doing. Cham is friendly and outgoing, and seems to know just about everyone who goes in. I was talking to a friend of mine, who was telling me about this amazing little place she knew about, and I realized she was describing Cham's. She went on to say that before her mother passed away that Cham would personally deliver food to her family's house when he found out her mother was sick.

Pad Thai
Cham is one of the genuinely nice people that also has the knack for remembering everyone.
Lad Nah
I was just reading Yelp reviews of the place, and it's all either 'love it' or 'hate it.' My whole family falls into the 'love it' category, and I've brought many people who feel the same way. In spite of not taking credit cards, the place is clean and always has customers. 

My 'go-to' dish is the Pad Thai, a noodle dish with chicken, shrimp, egg and thai sweet and sour. Today I tried the Lad Nah, to kind of mix up my usual order, which was rice noodles with chicken, shrimp broccoli and thai gravy.

Everything I've ever eaten at Cham's is good, though, and I especially enjoy their soups. 
Located in a strip mall behind Carl's Jr., Thai Chinese has a rather ordinary looking dining room and a few outside tables. But don't let the looks deceive you. The food is good.






No comments:

Post a Comment