Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Primos Tacos 805

The Primos Tacos 805
Corner of Ash and Main
(In 5 Day Tire Parking Lot)
Tuesday through Sunday 6 PM to Midnight

A new taco truck!

Driving my daughter from one side of town to the other, I noticed The Primos Tacos 805 a couple of weeks ago, and when I stopped in, I asked how long they'd been there. It's their third week was the reply, and business has been pretty good.

The trailer looks new and very clean. The price list was written by hand, and the woman at the counter still didn't have the prices memorized. They serve tacos, burritos, hamburgers, hot dogs, and what I was in for tonight, quasadillas. 

The owner was up in front when I walked up, and he suggested that I go with the carnitas in my quesadilla, which sounded good to me. The quesadilla and can of Coke came out to $7.25, which I thought was pretty reasonable. Looking in at the menu, tacos were a buck seventy-five, and I'll try some the next time I'm in.

It came up quick and was certainly tasty enough, served with pico de gallo inside and guacomole and sour cream on the side. Nothing to write home about, but certainly worth the stop. Everyone was friendly enough, the owner explaining that, like many in the food truck business, he'd been working in restaurants for years and wanted to finally do something for himself.

I wished him well. Close to the house, clean and fast, I'm sure I'll be back.




No comments:

Post a Comment